Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Review: Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette!

So today I wanted to review the Naked Basics Palette by Urban Decay. To all of you who were thinking of getting this palette I think it's really worth it!The packaging is very nice. Sort of rubbery like NARS packaging. All six colors are all pigmented and glide on the eye so nicely. Also Urban Decay doesn't test on animals which is great! I don't really want to spend a ton of time putting on eyeshadow so this palette makes getting a perfect matt neutral eye easy and quick. I love how the palette is SO tiny because it's so nice for traveling. Don't misunderstand though. You are getting six full size eye shadows! Here is a description of all the colors in the palette:
Venus: Although this is a matt palette, it does come with one shimmery/satin shadow and it's Venus. This color is gorgeous to add to an all matt look. It's a creamy white with tiny shimmer in it.
Foxy: This is a nice "all over the lid" color with a yellow tone to it.
Walk of Shame: This is just like foxy (a nice "all over the lid" color) except it has a pink tone to it.
Naked 2: I love this color and I think it's my absolute favorite in the whole palette. It's a really nice soft brown color that looks so good as a transition color.
Faint: This is a gorgeous medium brown that I apply over Naked 2 on the crease for the perfect look.
Crave: This next color is described as a dark brown but I personally think that it's more black. I use this in the outer "v" of the eye for a more dramatic look. I also use this to set my gel eyeliner and it works like a charm.


Size of palette


Swatches w/o flash


Swatches w/ flash

 Thank you all so much!
-LizLaughLovely

You can always reach me at lizlaughlovely@gmail.com
and don't forget to check out my facebook page for updates on my blog!
http://www.facebook.com/lizlaughlovely



 

No comments:

Post a Comment